1. Thou shalt not expect to find things as thou hast at home, for thou hast left home to find things different.
2. Thou shalt not take anything too seriously, for a carefree mind is the beginning of a vacation.
3. Thou shalt not let other rafters get on thy nerves, for thou art paying good money to have a good time.
4. Remember thy life-jacket, for a man without his lifejacket, is a man in trouble.
5. Blessed is the man who says "Thank You" to the guides, for he shall receives more food than he can eat.
6. Blessed is the man, who can hold on to lines in white water, for he shall not be de-rafted.
7. Thou shalt not judge the life-style of the guides, for thou dost not live with Winter, from April to September.
8. Thou shalt not worry. He that worrieth hath no pleasure.
9. Thou shalt not make thyself too obviously a tourist. When on a river, do somewhat as the old river-rats do.
10. Remember that thou art a guest on the river. He that treateth his host with respect, shalt be treated as an honored guest.